Non-Fiction Reading Prompts
- How do you know that this book is nonfiction?
- Do you think your friends will be interested in reading this book? Why or why not?
- List five facts you learned from this book?
- Why did the author write this book? How do you know?
- Which part of the book is most interesting to you? Explain.
- What questions do you still have about this topic?
- Is there another title you could give this book? Why is it a good title?
- Explain why the topic of this book is important.
- Does the author give opinions about the topic? Explain.
- Write an acrostic poem about the topic.
- Which photograph is your favorite? Why?
- How would you describe this topic to a friend?
- How do you think the author feels about the topic? Explain.
- List four words from the book that are interesting. Explain why you chose these words.
- What fact(s) did you enjoy learning about the most?
to share with someone else?
17. Why? Would you like to read more books about this topic?
18. What else would you like to learn about this topic?
19. What pictures or illustrations did you find interesting? Why?
20. Is this book like any other book that you have read?
21. If so, how are they alike? How are they different?
22. Which one did you like better? Why?
23. What kind of research do you think the author had to do to write this book?
24. What questions would you ask the author if you ever had the opportunity to meet him/her?
25. How can you learn more about this topic?
26. Would the book be different if it had been written
10 years ago?
27. Did you discover anything that may help you outside